A BEEHIVESCALE FOR 4
NEW MULTISCALE4 RANGES
ECO, INDUS, SCIENCE
From 4 to 24 hives per apiary
Solar, maintenance free
Sigfox, Wlan, Signal offset system
Broodchamber sensor, weather sensor
From €396 incl.taxes
As every year we dedicate the summer period to the production of honey and to a little rest. We will therefore be
Closed from 2 August 2021 to 4 October 2021.
A new stock of scales is being built up. Orders placed after 1 July will be delivered by Christmas.
- CARI chooses CBK for the modernization of the Walloon hive balance network in BelgiumThe CARI (www.cari.be) has been very active for many years in the analysis of honeydews in Wallonia. Historically, the CARI had invested in a network of CAPAZ scales. Over the last 20 years, this network of scales has been a formidable tool that has enabled us to gain a deeper understanding of Belgian honeydews and their evolution in the face of climate change.
- Successful network coverage test in the Alps for the new 4G-NBIOT transmitterFabien ROUX, a hobby beekeeper living in the Alps, tested the new 4G-NBIOT transmitter for us in several valleys of Savoie. The results are amazing, the box works everywhere there is a GSM network. To make it simple :- it works everywhere with 4G- very badly with Sigfox except in the "big" cities ...
- CARI-CONFERENCE CLIMATE CHANGECARI 15 January, 07:56 - Come and discuss with Jérôme Alphonse, professional beekeeper in the Drôme and inventor of the "Connected Beekeeping" monitoring device. Attention! Book before Tuesday 19th January... Thank you!
OUR BEEHIVESCALES RANGES
From 554€ incl.taxes for 1 hive
Customisable time steps and accuracy on request. Designed for learning and research projects.
- Accuracy 10gr
- Sigfox/Lora or Wlan
- fixed time step 12mn to 1h
- weather and broodchamber sensors
THE NETWORK OF CONNECTED HIVES IN EUROPE
France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Denmark, Italy, Luxembourg
2500 hives monitored in 10 countries, including France,Germany, Belgium and Switzerland. Private individuals, professionals, apiaries, research centres.
Simple and durable materials, designed and produced locally.
No computer configuration, no battery maintenance, everything is solar. A single software available everywhere on any support (Smartphone, PC, tablet).
3 year warranty
Leisure and Pro
THE TEAM OF CONNECTED BEEKEEPING
WHO ARE WE?
I practised my passion for beekeeping as a hobby for many years. In 2005, my wife and I decided to become professional beekeepers. Our honey factory "l'Abeille du Vercors" has been operating for 400 hives in the Vercors Natural Park and we produce honey and pollen.
With less desire to travel for control visits, I became interested in hivescales early on. After 7 years of development, improvements and field tests, we have built a reliable, long-lasting solution that has radically changed our way of working.
By measuring 4 scales per apiary, we can monitor the condition of our entire herd in real time without having to travel. We have reduced our working time at the hives by 30%, with 50% less travel and we can monitor our colonies with great precision.
Gradually, colleagues and then customers have been equipped with our equipment. This year the network of scales will exceed 3000 weighed hives.
Director of Connected BeeKeeping
Beekeeper, engineer, specialist in instrumentation and signal processing
A pragmatic approach of beekeeping
We advise our customers who wish to discover the benefits of connected scales to start by equiping an apiary with 4 scales for one season to validate their usefulness. After this test, it is very rare that our clients do not wish to equip all their apiaries or even all their hives.
We always favour a solution that requires the minimum of maintenance. For example, if the choice of cables seems impractical at first glance, it is on the other hand an ultra reliable solution with respect to radio waves and which allows to operate in all solar instead of batteries.
Solar energy seemed to us to be the obvious choice in terms of performance. We chose the electric vehicle technology (LiFePO4), which is specially designed for outdoor conditions, and is completely inert and cannot catch fire, unlike lithium-ion batteries, which can catch fire in the sun.
A commitment to eco-responsible beekeeping
We produce organic honey and are sensitive to the environmental impact of our activity. The most obvious impact of the scales on the carbon footprint is the elimination of unnecessary travelling.
We make products that are designed to last and be repaired if necessary. Why throwing away a transmitter when it can be repaired and given a second life in our workshop.
Minimizing power consumption is also one of our challenges. We calibrate the sending of data to provide reliable information without increasing the number of communications and storage requirements. We favour wired links and low-cost equipment to optimise energy consumption.
Not disturbing the bees unnecessarily helps the health of the colony and its development.
A local anchor
We wish to participate in the dynamism of our region and are fortunate to have companies specialized in precision industry on our doorstep. In particular, we work with two "Etablissements d'Aide par le Travail" which work mainly for the aeronautical industry.
THE BEEHIVE TRACKING SOFTWARE
One only software available on all media in your language
Access on all types of media: computer, tablet and mobile. Designed to be visible at the apiary on small screens even with sunlight. Available languages: FR, DE, EN, DK, IT and SL
An interface adapted to the management of a large number of hives
Our 7 years of experience in industrial interface design has allowed us to design a simple and intuitive interface for the management without difficulty of a large number of hives.
To guide you in your first steps, you will find in the Tutor/Help section, many tutorials on the use of the Beescale.org software:
- Honeyflow monitoring
- Egg laying monitoring
- Estimating the strength of colonies
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HIVE SCALES, CONTACT US
HOW TO FIND OUT
Whether you are ready to buy or just want to find out more, please take a few minutes to fill in the opposite form. Harold or Virginie will contact you shortly.
YOU SPEAK GERMAN OR ENGLISH
Thanks to beekeeping, we have many beekeepers connections in Switzerland, Germany and Denmark. Virginie will communicate with you directly in German or English. Many customers outside France have been working with us for several years.
DO YOU PREFER PDF?
DOWNLOAD OUR CATALOGUES
EXAMPLES OF USE CASES AMONG NETWORK MEMBERS
- Jean-Jacques, beekeeper in Belgium, has optimised the spring honeyflow with the qrace scalesJean-Jacques invested at the beginning of 2021 in equipment to monitor 16 hives. From spring onwards he was able to take advantage of the system. He explains how: "I underestimated the usefulness of your scales: This honeyflow was special, very short and very productive, but also problematic, because it was not expected at all.
- Jean-Michel, beekeeper in Belgium, has equipped his 30 hivesJean Michel has 30 hives spread over 3 communes in Belgium. He has equipped them all with Multiscale4 scales for the last 2 years. He tells us about his experience. "All the hives are on scales (30 in all), 1 network transmitter per apiary (3 subscriptions).
- Germany - Andi - Wondering how to install our scales? Take a look!Andreas is a professional beekeeper near Leipzig in Germany. He uses Langstroth ten-frame hives on pallets of 4 hives, which are particularly well suited for installing Beescale scales. In this region of large-scale farming, where natural meadows are scarce, he produces sunflower, rape, acacia and lime honey, but also, ...
- France - SYNDAPI 74: 24 hives monitored by the BS4X-24 connected scale - SigfoxThe Haute Savoie beekeeping union (SYNDAPI 74) has created a technical apiary dedicated to monitoring local bee strains. In order to carry out this monitoring in the best possible way, a BS4X-24 configuration has been deployed, allowing the 24 hives of the technical apiary to be monitored. This monitoring is done at a lower cost because only one Sigfox subscription is needed to cover ...
- France - David : Hives on pallets monitored by the BS4M connected scale - SigfoxDavid is installed as a professional beekeeper in a mountainous area at the crossroads of the Alps and Provence. His beekeeping experience acquired in the United States has led him to develop very specific equipment. In particular, he has floors integrated into his pallets of 4 hives. After having tried other scale systems, he turned to scales ...
- France - Pascal: 8 hives monitored by the BS4X8 connected scale - WlanLike Obelix, Pascal fell into beekeeping when he was very young! Very competent and more than ever involved in the beekeeping world, he is one of the regional beekeeping references. He owns about twenty hives that he uses mainly to experiment and compare the latest advances in beekeeping with the latest technology in bee health and hygiene, and ...
- Germany - Thomas: The entire apiary followed by the Beescale4X-8 connected Hive ScalesThomas has been a passionate beekeeper since the age of 16 in Bavaria, Germany. Since last season, he has been keeping track of all of his 8 hives at an unbeatable rate, thanks to the Beescale4X Connected Hive Scale. His 8 Erlangermagazin hives, typical of the region, are all installed on the BS4X-8 Hive Scales. …
- Germany - Klaus: 4 Warré hives followed by the Beescale BS4M hive scaleKlaus is a passionate beekeeper in Bönen near Dortmund. He has equipped 4 of his Warré frame hives with a BeeScale BS4M hive scale. "Although my area is not perfectly covered by SIGFOX, the BS4M hive scale enabled me to capture the network very well. The pans on the scale ...